Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chubby Chums

Let me tell you the story about chubby chums . . .

Each "chum" started out in a gum drop shape.  My first idea for a name was "Gumdrop Goofies" and although they all have a smile on their face, they didn't seem too goofy to me.  I thought they could all be friends, so I thought of the fun word "chums' - and as you can see below, they are chubby.  Well, I asked my team which name they preferred, they all chose Chubby Chums - so that name was officially chosen.  The story doesn't end there.

One of the girls pointed out a typo - Oh' my!  ok, but it's little, VERY little but it's a mistake no less.  Adding the copy right notice and set name is the last to be done to each stamp set before completion.  As you know, I was recently married and my life got a little more hectic with wedding preparations - soooo

the stamp set says in tiny letters - Vhummy Chums

ummmm, wow!  (smacking head)

I managed to hit the V instead of the C and went nuts with the m's for some reason!

On the back of each set is a clear sticker, stating the actual name of "Chubby Chums" but I can't see changing that little typo until I need to re-order another batch of stamps.

Just a sweet reminder that we are all human. 

I have always adored owls, so of course I had to include one in this set!  Heather stacked him in a fun way.  Does it get much cuter than teal monochromatic owls?  She curved the sentiment to look like the owl is saying it.  "Let's Party" is an EAD Designs sticker. SUPER-cuteness!


























I have been a sucker for pink lately, so this gorgeous card makes me smile.  Loving the rosy cheeks and her design is fabulous.  I am so impressed that she finished off the inside.  I am sure we all would love to receive this darling card.























 
















I will be back tomorrow with some smiling plants

Thank you a ton for stopping by!

xo

27 comments:

  1. Adorable chums! Or maybe we should call them vhums or vhubs, hehe!!!
    Love them and can't wait to see more ;)
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their chubby chumness!!!!!
    Typos or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....so adorable! Love them all :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, I love them! We all make mistakes, I would lose my head if it weren't attached:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute Kim! Loving what I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Can't wait to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love those vhummmy chums! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. Love the chubby chums.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your wedding.

    Mistakes happen. It's what makes us human.

    Cute cards, cuter stamps. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both so sweet - I can't wait to see the other 'chums'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! these are so fun and adorable! Looks like must have set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - I just can't wait to see the full Chubby Chums stamp set!! Those cards looks soo great! Love the teal owls =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i cannot WAIT to scrap lift that hey chickie card-sooooooo cute!!!

    and, i cannot wait to order the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOOOVE these Kim!!! Can't wait to order them and wondering if you're coming out with EAD Designs sentiments for them...if so I'll wait to order. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is fun about your little mistake is the story behind it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks everyone :)

    Carolina - EAD rub-ons/stickerz are totally different from our stamps. The rub-on/stickerz themes are general like "thank you and birthday". "Let's Party" is from the April/birthday release.

    Chubby Chums comes with 5 coordinating sentiments (one to go with each chum)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for replying Kim. Yep, I figured they were totally different, I was just wondering if you had designed some specific for this set, but glad the set comes with 5 sentiments. I'll go ahead and place my EAD order now and looking forward to the release to order this adorable set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE these Chubby Chums...or Vhummy Chums LOL! :) Just absolute CUTENESS! The DT's samples are ADORABLE. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, I'm breaking up with the squirrel I fell in love with yesterday. The Chubby Chums are the new loves of my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SOOOOOO excited about this set! The Chubby Chums are absolutely adorable!!! WAAAA! I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the new sets! LOL on the typo! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it!! and I want the typo crazy mmmm's version, so I'll will order it as soon as it's released LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. how soon can the club members post projects and cards with the new releases? I recall seeing it posted somewhere but can't remember what it said! LOL I was soooo excited to get my new stamps today that I have a card done already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LuAnn - please feel free to post projects when you like.

    and woohoooo for creating so soon, that makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.