Monday, July 4, 2011

July SPARKS Challenge

Let's have some FUN!!

We are starting this party off with a couple of over-the-top-cute cards!

Check out Heidi's knot...swoooon!  Her paper choice is perfect for our Surf and Turf stamp set.  I adore the popped up wave and how she stood the seagull on the pillars...she topped it off with sweet splashes of water...(grin)























I am a sucker for this color combination.  These were the colors of our wedding.  Kryssi's personal touches are soft, sweet and just so pretty.  I cannot get over how stinking CUTE this little scene is  :)























K, so I realize that many of you have July 4th plans today, but I mentioned that our challenge details would be posted today...so here I am :)  In most cases, we will aim for the first Friday of each month.

Here are the details:

We truly want our monthly challenge to SPARK your creativity sooo, our challenge is called exactly that :)












We offer 12 color combinations and 10 sketches on our web site every month, did you know?  They are found under the totally free zone




























 






















the color blocks that fill each of the 4 corners
red, black, fawn, kiwi
white, pink, sunshine, chocolate
navy, kraft, sky blue, orange
baby pink, teal, grey, wine

left to right:
red, black, white, pink
fawn, kiwi, sunshine, chocolate
navy, kraft, baby pink, teal
sky blue, orange, grey, wine

top to bottom:
red, fawn, navy, sky blue
black, kiwi, kraft, orange
white, sunshine, baby pink, grey
pink, chocolate, teal, wine

  • The heart on the designer draft sketches represent any embellishment or image
  • "Word" represents any sentiment, phrase or quote.
  • You can see card samples of each designer draft sketch by visiting our web site.  View our July stamp sets to see them (Santa Paws, Sugar Rush, Surf and Turf).

---------------------------------------------------
The SPARKS challenge:

Create a NEW project (card, tag, layout, altered item, etc)

Use any of our July COOL Shades color combos (seen above)
and/or
Use any of our July Designer Drafts sketches (seen above)

You must use at least one Paper Smooches stamp or free digi
and/or
Any stamps from "The Kim Hughes Collection" by Cornish Heritage Farms

(stamps from other companies can be used, but please make sure that PS images are easily seen)

Post your Paper Smooches SPARKS project on your blog.  You must include our SPARKS banner (shown above) somewhere on your post.   Please link to our web site: www.papersmoochesstamps.com - Paper Smooches somewhere on your post.  Submit a direct link to your blog post using our linking system below.

(right click on the SPARKS challenge banner and save to your computer.  If you have any trouble, I am happy to e-mail the image to you)

If you do not have a blog, please upload your project to our Flickr Group and link to our web site in your description.  Submit a link to your gallery image using our linking system below.

Here's what you are playing for:

First place...we are choosing a PRO stamper - someone who we think is a rock star - that person wins: FIVE stamp sets of their choice (a $75. value)

Second place winner is called a PRIMO stamper - who we think is super fabulous - and will win TWO PS stamp sets of their choice (a $30. value)

We will choose THREE random winners that will receive ONE PS stamp set and THREE shaped card templates of their choice (a $21. value)

To qualify for our random drawing, you can do any or all of the following:
  • create a project using our SPARKS challenge
  • TWEET about our challenge and post here to let us know 
  • FACEBOOK about our challenge and post here to let us know.
Pro and Primo stampers will receive a blog button to display on their blog if they would like to.

The deadline: Wednesday, August 3rd

Winners will be announced on Friday, August 5, which will also start the next SPARKS challenge.

All skill levels are welcome.  You can enter as many times as you like.  We do not have challenge police, so how you interpret our colors and sketches is entirely up to you...just have fun, ok?

It brings us GREAT JOY to see you using our stamps.  Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your creativity with us.  We truly appreciate you!

Hope you have a blast!!
xo
Kim


28 comments:

  1. Oooh! Thanks for such a generous deadline Kim - I might actually be able to play - my craft stuff is all packed up for the move to PA but depending upon when the movers deliver, I should be able to play by August 3rd - YEE HAW! THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th, Kim! Sounds like a fun challenge! I have a question...I Facebook but I don't Tweet. Do you need to do both to qualify? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I like that we have a long time to play - thank you! :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great Kim, love the comment about challenge police Lol :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane...you do not need to do both FB and Twitter to qualify. Thanks for the question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this sounds so fun! Thanks for the challenge - I'll be sure to play along =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a question come to mind: Should we only used the designer drafts/cool shades shown in this post, or can we use any of the designer drafts/cool shades posted in the sidebar here on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie...any of the past designer drafts and cool shades are fair game :) Thank you for your question.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTABULOUS NEWS, Kim! :) Going through my PS stash and planning my creations now! Such fun! And thanks for the generous timeline! It sure helps me to get my stamps in a row LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I forgot to say - your DT is TOPS when it comes to amazing creations! I am IN LOVE with the cards featured today - the Hey Gillfriend one is priceless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual, I am blown away by the talent here! I have never swooned over a knot before, but there's a first for everything! And that yellow bow is kinda to-die-for as well :)

    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had another question about this challenge pop into mind today: Is it okay to combine this challenge with other challenges?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I posted a link on Facebook. Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey Marie...yes, it's perfectly fine to combine challenges :) thanks for the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your stamps and this is my first time entering one of your challenges! I can't wait for all the fun things Paper Smooches has in store for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS: I just Facebook-ed and Tweet-ed (those are not real verbs but I'm going with it!)about the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first time entering one of your challenges too Kim. I had a blast with this challenge!! Hope you do this every month now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tweeted about the challenge. Excited to prepare a card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So excited to have finished my first challenge card, although I'm thinking I should've entered in the SPARKS category instead of the August GD since I used a color combo and sketch. Oh well, lots of time before August 5th for a SPARKS card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can it be scrapbook pages too or just cards?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this challenge and just posted my card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I posted my card and posted on your facebook page and tweeted about the card....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Put up the word on Facebook! Hopefully i'll have time to play along too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Posted the challenge link on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun challenge! Glad my order arrived in time to play along!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.