Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Friday!

This card is for you artists out there...which is all of you  :).  Do you sigh gently when you see a work or art?  I see art all around me.  I love listening to music, I appreciate a well written story and I weep at incredible acting, ballet makes me swoon...goodness, I could go on and on.  I am glad you are here, enjoying art with us.

I used a Luminarte Dauber bottle to splat some paint onto my card base.  The sentiment is from our "Sentiment Sampler" stamp set and the bling is by Zva Creative.



















I love sharing how versatile our stamp sets are...so I came up with this little collage of ideas:






















Golf Scene - I used the cloud and flag from Spiffy Scooters and the smiling face is from Fruitastic.  The hole is a letter zero from Alphadot (I colored it in with a black marker)

Singing Snowdude - Swanky Snowman (with buttons, mouth and hat colored with a black pen), Perpetual Bliss (the microphone and music notes).  I used a black pen and ruler to add a stand for the microphone.

Get Well - Sentiment Sampler and Santa Paws was used...the thermometer is actually the North Pole.  I colored a portion of the pole with a red Copic marker

Fish Bowl - I used the circle from Sunny Side Up...I just placed a piece of paper over the top of the circle to mask it.  After I stamped it, I used a black pen and ruler to draw the top and water line.  The fish is from Surf and Turf

I hope these samples have inspired you to take a closer look at your PS stamps.  Turn them, and really look at them with an open mind...you might be amazed at what you see.  Please share any ideas that you have...that would be a joy!

xo
Kim

9 comments:

  1. They both are unique! love the images and different color gems to represent the color paints... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, clever, clever!! I love how much fun you can have with these when you think outside the box!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome cards...I do love how the stamps are so versatile...
    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! I love seeing examples like these, because....as much as I hate it, I sometimes have a hard time thinking outside the box! Great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo...I LOVE that artist card!!! SO CREATIVE!! And thanks for the stamping ideas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card! Thanks for the ideas on using different PS sets in new ways as well =) I always love doing that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so creative Kim, I love when you share the versatility of your stamps! way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that artist's palette. The gems are brilliant Kim. Love the splash. The stamp ideas are amaaaaaaaaazing. I would never think of a golf green from that cloud. Love that cloud. And the thermometer....gotta try that. Oh love that. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your artsy palette with the blingy paint! The ideas are fantastic. What a great way to make a masculine golf card and the singing snowman is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.