Friday, October 28, 2011

TGIF

Before I share another November stamp sneak peek, I thought I'd show you a ribbon "storage" idea.  I didn't make this up, I saw a friend do it and I loved the idea!  (plus it's a great way to recycle)























Use a paper towel roll and wrap ribbons around it.  Make them stay in place with pins.  I found some really cool tacks at Target!  Plus, it's a great way to straighten out ribbons that you buy on a card that gives ribbon creases.  Then I saw someone showcasing ribbon on clothes pins...I thought that they look so cute that way.  You can find our ribbons HERE

Are you ready for another sneak?

This set is called "My Guy"

I used the car and pennants.  The sentiments are on the set, but one of the stamps was masked.  It says "REEL great" for the fishing icons...but I removed the ink from the word 'reel" before stamping "great" next to "you're".  I stamped and cut around the sports car.  I also used one of our silver buckles as an accent.  The "frame" was drawn in with a black pen and ruler.






















I will continue with Pap Rally week tomorrow...please stay tuned...
xx
kim

19 comments:

  1. That is a good ribbon storage idea.. Wow i cant wait to see the rest of the set...i am loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Kim! with so many men in my life, i'm always on the lookout for manly stamp sets. i adore those ribbon storage ideas. from the pic in google reader, i thought the standing clothespins with pink ribbon were ice cream cones. and now i'm craving ice cream! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I didn't throw out that paper roll yesterday! Can't wait to get this set... It's going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is SO cute!! Love it!!
    Hmm... I have problems with my ribbons, I always end up putting them in bags by colours and sizes. This is not a bad idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it...Perfectly cute guy card!!! Can't wait for this set......

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Can't wait to see the rest of this and the other two sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, fun! love that car! It's stylish and fun! And the buckle is sooo cute!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea (ribbon holder). And I LOVE the car. It reminds me of the Autopias at Disneyland...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card!! Love the car and pennants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That car card is great! My dh is a mechanic and would love that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ribbon storage ideas Kim. TFS...passing on. I love the paper towel roll idea. Cute card. I just love those buckles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like this is gonna be a FUN set, too! I like your notebook paper bg. The car is cool and the penants/flags and tape measure look neat, too. Cool card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...great idea,Kim! Love this idea...as I always in trouble with my ribbons :D
    and Love the car, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHH! I love the idea of putting your ribbon on a recycled paper towel roll! I also love your MY GUY set! Cannnot wait to get this and get inky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, Kim! Great way to recycle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute are these! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeek, I love this cute masculine card! The buckle on the ruler is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute, love the car image and everything else going on in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.