Friday, January 20, 2012

are you a sucker...

for color like I am?

I keep reaching for card stock over patterned paper lately.  I just love the cleanness of it!
Yes, I fussy cut all of those paper hands and clouds, but I really like how it turned out!




















I used card stock from our new Lily Collection.

Soooo, the names for the card stock collections represent some special people in my life.

Lily was my Grandma (my Dad's Mom).  I didn't know her very well.  My Dad is from a very large family, so mostly I was "Amy" to her, but nonetheless...she was my Grandma.  I hear from my Aunts that she was a kick in the pants - so she represents the Fun and Cute collection

Esther is my Grandma (my Mom's Mom)...she turns 89 this year and is seriously THE cutest woman on the planet - no kidding.  She represents the shabby/vintage style (well for obvious reasons)

Ed is my Dad who is bold AND graphic in real life.  His sense of humor is wonderful.  He says it like it is and brings a smile to everyone's face.

Beverly was my beautiful Mom.  In about three weeks, she will have been gone from us for 22 years.  She will always and forever live in my heart.  She was very classy (and elegant)

Hope your weekend is truly wonderful :)
hugs,
Kim

9 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Thanks so much for sharing a part of your family with us. I love how you named the paper collections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Yep, looove the colors! Thanks for telling us about the names of the colors! I enjoyed reading it! Please say hi to your family from me!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER pretty card--LOVE that background grey! LOVE how you named the paper collections! Hugs to the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice tribute to your family members. I, too, lost my Mom at a young age. I was 9 1/2 when I lost my Mom. I know how hard it was/is. I think your Mom would be very proud of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you named your collections after special people in your life - what a tribute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...and beautiful sentiments for your family members. I'm sure they are very proud to be named as part of your collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you named your collections after your family members. My husband lost his mother at almost exactly the same time you lost yours. I know how much you must still miss her since we feel the same way. Thanks for sharing your adorable cards with us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.