Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THUD!

is what happened when I saw these "Metropolis" cards -

I assume that Emily used the "rock and roll" technique with her fireworks.  It looks like she inked them with yellow and tapped on an orangy-red colored ink to achieve this wonderful look.  She used the dude block to make a reflection of the  cityscape.  This card just makes me droooool.  Seriously WOW!!

The sail boat is from My Guy and the waves are from Surf and Turf stamp sets.

























Laurie took an entirely different approach with the Metropolis stamp set.  She created a lovely outdoor scene.  Her card takes me back to my hometown where we would have a Balloon Fest that filled the sky with large hot air balloons.  Ahhhh, those were the days :)

























And this is the inside of her fabulous window card.  Isn't her coloring amazing?
























I hope these beauties inspire you to create today
xx
Kim

14 comments:

  1. absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! what fun and FABULOUS cards!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of the cards. Great job. I am inspired to try the window effect on a card, I just love how it looks. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crow! These cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards...Emily always has such amazing ideas....love how laurie created this amazing window...looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are awesome! I love the reflection on the water and the hot air balloons through the window are too cute! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love Let's Celebrate!! I love city scenes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Both cards are absolutely AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutley fabulous both cards. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow! And did I mention? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely! Love the city reflection! and also all the colorful balloons!!! Very nice!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY! Your DT is super amazing and SOOOOOO talented! LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.