Thursday, April 5, 2012

May guest designer search...

begins today :)
I am so excited.  It's always one of the highlights of my month to see all of the amazing talent out there all in one place.

Our NEW SPARKS challenge was posted this morning.  Please take a look

We have some new digis to share today as well.  We are growing by leaps and bounds, so that means that I am needing to "let some things go" in order to have the time I need to get everything done in a day.  Can someone please someone invent a extra day?

ACK, I just noticed that I forgot to remind my husband to add the new digis to the web site last night...oopse.  I am so sorry...they will be posted this evening.

So after this month, I will not be creating new digis.  It simply takes too much time away from creating our stamp sets.  There are THIRTY to choose from now...and we feel that is a nice number of FREE digis.  I will update them here in this blog when I can.

I have also decided that THIRTY shaped card templates was a good number as well.  I will not be adding any new shaped card templates to the store after April.  If there is a shape in the future that I simply must do, I will create it and let you know.  This may not be the "end" of new shaped card templates...only making two new ones each month.  I am always open to suggestions :)

Here is a card that uses the newest free digis.  I may not bring my old "Pretty Birds" stamp set back, but I wanted to make sure that you could use the popular own if you like.  This month we are offering the owl, branch and sentiment in digital format.  I also used our Nirvana background stamp





















Here are the guest designer search details:



Guest Designers will receive 2 NEW stamp sets and will have their name and projects featured here on the PS blog for 3-4 weeks (depending on how many weeks there are in the month).

You will have approx. two weeks to show us your talent!  You can submit as many projects as you like and past submissions are welcome.  Guest designers are not chosen randomly.  We will be looking for designers who stand out in one (or more) of the following categories:

  • great use of color
  • outstanding design
  • mad coloring skills
  • fun paper piecing
  • pure cleverness
You will need to use a Paper Smooches stamp or any of our FREE digi stamps.  A new digi image and sentiment will be added to the PS web site tonight.  You will find it HERE.  Past digi images and sentiments were moved to a tab at the top of this blog.  You can submit to our call with "old and new" projects...and projects that you create for our SPARKS Challenge.
 

The deadline is Wednesday, April 18th.  Our May guest designer will be announced on Thursday, April 19th.
  
Thank you for stopping by and making us a part of your day  :)
loves~
Kim
 

10 comments:

  1. Cute card, Kim. I love that wise old owl and the look on his face. He looks great with Nirvana too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Kim. I love that wise old owl and the look on his face. He looks great with Nirvana too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I didnt mean to leave a deleted comment post haha. I love the card and that owl is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying out again, maybe one of these times i'll get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how adorable....totally love it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute car.I love the eyes on the owl, and the popped out leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card... absolutely adore this owl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new digis are just adorable! I absolutely LOVE everything you do! However, I am very sad to hear the digis & the number of shaped card templates are going away. :( I hope that every once in a while you can pop a new digi in! I understand the additional time it takes, but it is SO very sad. :( Keep up the killer creating! I am looking forward to my new order I will be placing this week! WOOHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owl is super cute,the stem and the leaves made the card attractive.


    plastic cards
    plastic card printing
    scratch cards printing

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.