Monday, May 7, 2012

Hey friends

**Card stock contest winner announcement**
Whoa - that was a TOUGH decision - ack!!  You ALL rocked the stock, but this card was an eye grabber.  Such a clever use of colored card stock - I LOVE IT!!




Congrats Jessica!  Please send me your address so that I can get your prize to you asap!


I am thrilled that you all made Paper Smooches a part of your National Scrapbook Day!!  Thank you for joining us :)

I had a blast cropping with friends on National Scrapbook Day!  I *LOVE* stamping (huge grin)

When making our stamps with a "solid part", our manufacturer needs to "bevel" the edge.  Not sure why this is...who am I to question their process but, I digress, this can be tricky when stamping.

The tricky part to watch for is between the eagles legs and under his tail.  You may pick up some unwanted ink in those areas.

Here are some tips on how to stamp the eagle with ease:
1. Use an ink that isn't super juicy...A pigment ink is probably best (test which ink pads work best for you)
2. Use a small paint brush or Q-tip to remove the ink
3. I have not done this, but maybe you can gently cut away the photopolymer from those areas.
4. Twist the stamp on the ink pad instead of tapping ink  

Heidi combined the eagle with the fireworks stamps for added punch!  Not sure if she masked him or fussy cut around him, but the look is awesome!!




















Kryssi's card has a fabulous feminine touch.  GREAT way to use the solid pennants!!  What a super pretty card :)
























I will be back later today to announce the winner of our card stock contest.

A NEW SPARKS Challenge was posted today - YAY!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
xx
Kim 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE those cards, and that eagle is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE are super super cute! LOVE the tips on how to work around those extra spots on the images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are so cute. I want to make them into full layouts. My youngest son was in the military and was a Screamin Eagle so what better way then to do a 4th of July page in my room from http://www.kimhesson.typepad.com/. He will really like the page when it's done. I bet I get a better comment than "that's nice mom". lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Superb cards. Thanks for the exciting contest Kim, it sure was fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jessica! It was fun competing with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome DT cards using Circle of Honor! I love them both! Also, congrats to Jessica on your win. Great cardstock weaving!

    Thanks, Kim, for the chance to win that delicious-looking cardstock! I had fun creating cardstock-only cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.