Friday, May 4, 2012

A Contest

contest deadline alert - 
so sorry...I set the time for 11:59 pm, thinking that it was a minute before midnight and forgot that Inlinkz works in military time.  If you made a card for our contest, please submit your card before noon tomorrow.  I wanted to extend the deadline in case you didn't have time to submit tonight.  My fault, I am soooo sorry :)

Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day - YAY!  To me, scrapbooking encapsulates paper crafting...so this includes card makers and stampers.  I am sure that many of you will be cropping tomorrow - I know I will.  There will be plenty of challenges on the web tomorrow...so I thought I would offer one up as well. 

Bazzill is my FAVORITE card stock - always has been.  The card stock that we carry in our store is made by Bazzill.  They recently told me about their newest card stock called Card Shoppe.  Have you seen this amazing collection?  It's a stout 100lb weight card stock that's smooth on both sides - score!  This premium card stock is fabulous!!  I had a chance to play with it and I am officially hooked!

I paper pieced the rose with 4 different card stock colors




















I layered various card stock colors to create a playful backdrop
























I heat embossed the foliage stamp onto all 3 card stock colors and cut them down...I then added them on top of the base embossed image.  I used clear embossing powder.






















The best part...I have a paper pack to give away (thank you to Bazzill for providing this to us for one of our readers)  It's valued at over $23.00...and the one lucky winner will receive a paper pack of 2 of each color shown here.  Aren't the colors gorgeous?



















In addition to this fabulous prize, I am offering up THREE PS stamp sets of the winner's choice.

Contest rules -
You have until midnight pacific time on Sunday, May 6 to create and share a card stock only card or project.  NO patterned paper (DP) (unless you create a pattern yourself with stamps).  Of course we want you to use our stamps...and if you don't have them yet, you can use our FREE digis.  You can add embellishments, but you must use (any brand) of card stock as the main focus on your card.  You can enter as many projects as you like.  This is a contest, so embrace the stock and impress us. 

I will announce the winner on Monday, May 7.  Have fun!

Make sure to leave a comment at the Moxie Fab World blog for your chance to win FIVE Paper Smooches stamp sets.

Happy National Scrapbook Day
xx
Kim


34 comments:

  1. Great projects! I agree - Bazzill is the best cardstock. LOVE those colors, especially the pink. I don't own any PS stamps, so I'm off to check out the digis. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy National Scrapbooking Day Everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that cardstock is yummy! Bazzill is the best! Fun contest, Kim. I'll definitely be creating tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, this is fun! Time to brainstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cards! I hope to play along tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of this cardstock, but have not found it it any stores yet. I hope to get to try it out soon! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only projects posted to one's personal blog from now on is eligeble, right? We can't enter previous projects that fits the contest theme?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Marie
    Yes, you can enter previously made projects that are card stock only...but we would like to encourage you to create something new for our contest - in honor of National Scrapbook Day :)

    You can link your project to your blog or gallery.

    Thanks for the questions

    ReplyDelete
  9. you rocked the cardstock only cards!! (so hard for me not to use dp!)
    happy friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to try this challenge - where do I 'share' my cards at?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun contest! I hope I get to play!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a fun idea, cant wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jullie...Just add your link to the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first card is wonderful! LOVE the black design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looove! excited about a scrappy weekend! WOO

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome contest Kim! i'm looking forward to playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bazzill cardstock is amazing! :) Love what you did with the cards up above!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun samples, Kim! The Bazzill card stock colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards kim & what a fun challenge...I just adore bazzill cardstock too, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy NSD. Thanks for the wonderful challenge Kim, I just love your card and would so like to try this bright paper collection.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fun contest! Thanks for the chance to win, I would love to own some of your stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got one more card done, but it looks like the link was shut off early. Here it is

    http://terriearley.blogspot.com/2012/05/wishing-you-sunshine.html

    Thanks!
    Terri e.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I came back with a second card and noticed the inlinkz was closed early. Hope it's okay that I give my card link here:
    http://stampinalaska.blogspot.com/2012/05/paper-smooches-bazzill-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was just trying to link and it says it's closed, so here's my link:
    http://www.kellystamps.blogspot.com/2012/05/nsd-paper-smooches-cardstock-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kim! I thought this contest was open until midnight tonight. If so, here's my card:

    http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/cool-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Same thing for me ;) I can't link my card up but here's mine :)
    Thanks!
    Shannon
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/76743480@N07/7004344178/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bazzill is my favorite too! So excited to see a heavier weight CS from them... will we be seeing it in the store??? I did not get a chance to play along, but good luck to all who did!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. so sorry that it closed early. I will check out everyone's links. I may have set it for the wrong time zone...ack!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ugh, looks like I set it for 11:59...thinking that was a minute before midnight...forgetting that it's military time. I apologize again.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many adorable products...I am glad I am not judging.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your "always" card - that effect with the overlapping is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.