Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Friday!

I hope you all had a nice week - can't hardly believe that it's August! 

I went to a concert on Wednesday.  It was Kelly Clarkson and The Fray.  KC was AH-Mazing!  The Fray, not so much.  Either I am old or he had marbles in his mouth because I am not even sure if he was singing in English.  After 2.5 songs, we left.  BUT, it was still a great night!  As I was belting out a song along with Kelly (poorly I should add), it occurred to me how wonderful it must feel to her that we love her and her music enough to come to see her in concert.  I seriously got chocked up when it made me think about YOU.  The ones who come to see my art.  I am by no means a rock star (I sincerely hope that it doesn't come off that way), but you are using my art when you create with my stamps, just like I was singing a song that was sung by Kelly.  I appreciate art in all forms...great acting, dance, poetry, etc.  It's probably pansi-ish to admit that I am moved by it...but it is what it is.  It was a humbling thought and I wanted to "thank you" from the bottom of my heart for liking me...it makes what I do so rewarding.

Enough of my babbling (grin)  How about a card and a mini-tutorial of how to look at your alphabet stamps a little differently.

So, you have already met Graffiti:



Here are some alternative ways to use them - rather than just upright.  Turn and flip the letters to make even more!



And here's today's card...using some of the alphabet stamps in a unique way:



I had some help with Daisies and Paisleys

Thank you for stopping by :)
Have a fabulous weekend sweet friends
love you!
Kim

19 comments:

  1. Kim, you are totally a rockstar! I love you and your stamps! Thank you for all you do! I love the Graffiti set and now that I have seen the versatility, it is even better! My favorite of the new releases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought the letters could be used like that!! Oh my gosh. How cute. Thanks for sharing Kim! You ARE a rockstar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you are the sweetest, Kim! I personally think you are a rockstar. ;) And your card is so cute! I never would've thought to flip them like that. I laughed at the 'cute pad'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your perspective on the letters and on life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how used the alpha stamp set with the floral set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post, Kim! You definitely are a rockstar in the art world. :) And I must be a pansy too because I get all choked up as well when I watch live music. Haha It's moving, what can I say! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love live concerts! It is art and we are artists so we feel it intensely. :-) Thanks for broadening my approach to the Graffiti set! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post...made me smile. I for one DO think that you are a rockstar! I have been a huge fan since the Cornish Heritage Farm days :) The thing that I love most about your stamps is that they are so unique and versatile. It blows me away whenever I see such creative ways to use your stamps in non-traditional ways. Like in your post above... GENIUS! I am always like... "WOW! Now...why didn't I think of that" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you *ARE* a rockstar! Your stamps are awesome and so are your projects. I flew to Seattle to meet you (and bow down to you), and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. You rock.

    Your stamps really bring a smile to my face on a regular basis. They're so cute & happy. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, just wanted to let you know that you deserve all that is happening to you cos you're such a beautiful person (inside & out)! love all your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim - you are a TOTAL rock star to me! I won a stamp set from you a while back, and you sent it with a little note on a Post-It. That Post-It is now in my Smashbook - I was thrilled that you took the time to write me the note, and wanted to keep it.

    Wendy K in SC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait...what?!? You're NOT a rockstar? Since when? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOOOOOOOOVE! I love how you used those letters in different ways--clever!! FAB card:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really do love your art....have been a fan for awhile now. Love that you do recognize it as art because that's what it is. I know so many scrapbookers and cardmakers think that they aren't artists in the classical sense, but we are. Thank you for giving us great inspiration and encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are one clever lady, creating something from nothing nurture's the soul. Your soul must be over flowing. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.