Friday, August 24, 2012

TGIF

Hey there.
Just a quickie for today.
I am going to post and run - I've got some fun stuff to get into today

k, so here's my lame attempt to make my own washi tape, LOL
I stamped a couple of Debonair patterns onto the sticky side of masking tape, thinking for a moment that the ink would "stick" to it.  Ummmm duh me, it didn't!  So, I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the sticky area and heat embossed it.  It worked...and it looks sort of cool.  The ink color faded, but it worked.
Looks like I need to do some You-Tubin to find a real Washi Tape tutorial  I know they are out there.



If you missed our semi-Anniversary celebration post - the deets are below this post.  Blog candy is involved.

Enjoy your weekend crafty-friends
xx
Kim

13 comments:

  1. So cute...love the homemade Washi tape too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect you achieved with the masking tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute little turtle! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of using a turtle to play on my name - Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and still love how the tape turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you just came up with a Washi Tape tutorial Kim. It looks awesome. I love how you used the tape you created. Soooooooooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I personally love the way the tape came out! The tape isn't perfect but either are turtles, I am sure!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your tape came out, looks like a vintage style washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww too cute...i love this turtle..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too tough on yourself..love the pattern on your washi. The turtle is one of my fav. images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came from a stamp store that had a demo of homemade washi tape. They used a double-sided tape like Scor-Tape, put white tissue on one side then stamped on it. Then peel the back to adhere to project. I think your tape looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen tutorials, and done it myself, with stamping onto white tissue paper (gift wrap kind), adding double sided tape to the back and used that as (permanent sticking) diy washi tape. I have also seen a roll of white washi tape that I'm sure you can stamp your preferred pattern and color onto =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look cool, Kim, amd with this card, the softer colors are perfect! Love this turtle!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.