Sunday, September 9, 2012

A fun Birthday to celebrate


We are here today to celebrate Operation Write Home's Birthday - woohoooo!!  Our friends over at OWH are amazing, and what they do for our troops is super amazing!!

1,749,393 handcrafted cards have been deployed since 2007 - yeah, WOW!

We'd love to have some fun with you.

Use this fabulous sketch to create a card in any or all of the following themes:
  • Thank You
  • Birthday
  • Blank
  • Thinking of You


Upload your card before the time runs out on September 16th and I will choose THREE random participants to receive one of our Circle of Honor stamp sets.  A portion of every Circle of Honor set is donated to the wonderful OWH cause.  If you already own this set, I am happy to change it out for another.

Create as many cards as you like.  You do NOT need to use Paper Smooches (but it's much appreciated) Winners will be announced on Sept. 17

Even better, please send your creations to OWH!  Here are the details

Here is my card using the sketch



I tapped three different chalk cat's eye inks onto the solid star stamp.  It sort of looks like tie dye...or airbrush.



We are thrilled that you joined us today!
(smooches!)
Kim


17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for teaming up with OWH! I would love to win the Circle of Honor set. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for caring about our troops and joining with OWH. Sandy does such a good job. Charlsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT job, Kim - love the tapping-ink idea, I'm sure I'm going to be using that soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome challenge, and THANKS for supporting OWH!! I actually own 2 circle of honor sets - one I'm going to blog candy away during world cardmaking day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for partnering up with OWH and creating the adorable Circle of Honor Set. It has become my 'go to set' for creating my Any Hero cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your support of Operation Write Home. This set Circle of Honor is easy to work with and very versatile. Love you card - I would have never thought of that.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the star! I so appreciate your support of our troops and Operation Write Home. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for supporting OWH with your Circle of Honor stamp set! What a great partnership. Thanks also for the digis. I made a card, linked it, and then realized it was the wrong theme. Oops! I guess I'll have to try again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for celebrating with OWH this week!
    Fun Fun Fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your support of OWH. I'm really liking this sketch - clean and easy with just enough interest. Cute cards already in the gallery. Yeah for everyone who's already created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great support for a great cause! Love the star and chalk tapping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOOOOOVE this card--LOVE the stars and the sentiment! PERFECT for OWH!!! I didn't know that a portion of that stamp set goes to OWH! That's AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and a really great cause!! Another reason for me to send cards to OWH...winning some Paper Smooches stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok so I missed on the theme but I do have one more card made for my box to send in! Thanks for the sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for supporting OWH and for a chance to win such a fun set. So perfect for OWH cards. I love your ink tapping technique, it's beautiful here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the sketch. I enjoyed making these cards and am getting a bunch ready to send to OWH.
    I like your ink tapping technique on the star.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the simplicity in this card. I just love it and the sentiment is sweet. Now, I'm missing someone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.