Friday, September 21, 2012

good morning

Comics are cool.  I don't read them, but if I did, I would read Family Circle. If you have a favorite comic, what is it?

I was inspired to create my own comic scene.  I used stamps from Smarty Pants, Zoo Crew, Green Acres and He Said, She Said.

1. Stamp the animals onto white card stock and draw a line behind them wit a black marker.
2. The sentiment is computer generated.  I printed it out and then stamped the quote bubble around it and added it to the white card stock panel. 
3. I stamped the professor onto white card stock, stamped a thought bubble over him and cut the bubble out
4. Color the images with Copics
5. Color over the entire image with a nude colored Copic to "age" the paper.
6. Draw a faux signature the way comics do :)
7, Mat onto a black card stock base



I hope you have a creative day friends
....make that a creative weekend...
xx
Kim

24 comments:

  1. So cute...I used to LOVE Drabble. The Far side is also pretty funny. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Far Side! :) This is SUCH a fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love the old Calvin and Hobbes cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is to AWESOME....very clever..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used to read Family Circle all the time as a kid. We have one comic, Hagar, in our local German paper. (Now why doesn't that really surprise me?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, I love how you've used different sets to tell your story, cute! I always loved Family Circle and Peanuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE! I love how you used muted color tones to make it look more like newsprint, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!! so funny!!! what a wonderful idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calvin and Hobbes is the best!! Love what you did with your card!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack! This card is too stinkin' adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You knocked it out of the park, Kim! Sooo cute and clever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh!! This is HILARIOUS!! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Kim, you are more than talented! You're a genius. The way you made this comic strip is so cute....I just love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice one Kim - love the comment that is being made :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea. And I love the joke, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. way too cute!!! i love this idea, ill have to try it out soon! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your comic rocks, Kim, and thanks for the little tutorial. :)

    I loved Archie comics growing up and I still love Garfield and Get Fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY! This is the CUTEST! LOOOOOOOOVE that you made a comic creation--so clever! LOVE x10!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL, what a freakin' hilarious and awesome scene, Kim! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always read the comics to see what "people" and animals are up to...one of my favorites is Crankshaft and Zits....just real family drama! Cute card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.