Monday, September 24, 2012

HeyHeyHey

Happy Monday!!

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  Mine was nice :)  I went searching for some dishes.  We are hosting Thanksgiving dinner from this year on.  So I want to find some white dishes so that I can add color around them.  My goodness I was shocked to see how expensive they are - ack!!  Needless to say that I am putting it off.  I can't even begin to think about cooking...ugh, I kinda suck at cooking, so we'll see.  I will be back asking for advice in November :)  Until then, we have some really fabulous Thanksgiving cards to get us in the mood for such a heartwarming occasion.

The use of burlap really makes this card.  I love Heidi's coloring and the full turkey feathers is fantastic!!  Actually...this card is wonderful in every way - LOVE!!



It's cool how Kalyn chose yellow as her POP color also.  The zig zag edges, twine and popped up Indian corn.  Did you notice that she used the headdress from the Indian as a decorative panel?  VERY cool!!



ok friends, I am off to start my day.  LOTS of art going on over here  (grin)
loves,
Kim

18 comments:

  1. Wow, what a GORGEOUS card!!!!!!! LOVE the burlap on that card as well as the chevron pattern paper--what a perfect combination!!! And that sentiment made me giggle--SO stinkin' cute!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! These are beautiful! I LOVE the use of burlap--GORGEOUS! And that second card is STUNNING with that pop of yellow! FAB x10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! LOVE the burlap!! Also, if I can make a recommendation... IKEA has nice white dishes that I don't think are super expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great suggestion (thank you)
      I need to go there soon any ways :)

      Delete
  4. Adorable cards! I just picked up some of that burlap..it's fab isn't it? Love what you with these cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! these cards. I've got to get some burlap. I just love the texture it adds.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Stampin' Up Ind Dem
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Save~10% Shop w/me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards - loving the texture!!

    Kim, do you have Sur La Table near you? If not, you can also order online. I was just notified that they have their Autumn Sale going on and their Whiteware is on sale for up to 40% off. There might be a bargain there for you. Check it out!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of that. I will check it out for sure. Thanks so much for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  7. That turkey is super cute! BTW, I buy all my dishes from IKEA - clean lines and very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read on a fancy designer's blog that she buys only white pieces so she can mix and match the patterns and they still look good..she gets hers at consignment shops and the like! Best of luck and cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the texture on Heidi's card and Kalyn's genius use of the headdress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the burlap on that Turkey card. Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab, fab, fab cards. I see the gobble set and think, "damn that is cute, but I'll never use it cause I don't make thanksgiving cards" but everytime you show it I come back to "Damn that is cute!" I suppose that is the WHOLE point, but still Kim, you are killing me! :)

    Good luck with the plates and turkey. I like the mish-mash plate idea, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely cards. Beautiful designs. I really appreciate both the cards. Thanks for sharing these inspirational creations.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.