My name is Kim Hughes and I am a card maker. I dream of color and design. I gasp with excitement every time I open a paper crafting magazine. I get downright giddy in scrapbook stores....yes, it's true - I am an addict. I can't think of anything better to be addicted to. Are you with me? Color, pattern and stamps - oh my!
Let the festivities begin. I hope you will all create at least ONE card tomorrow. And if you do, please consider sending it to a military person through Operation Write Home. No matter who receives your art....they will surely LOVE and cherish it!
I created a card that I will show later tonight.
How does some blog candy sound???
I have some challenges for you should you choose to play along.
1. Create a card that has pink on it...anywhere on it. No, it does not need to be all pink or even mostly pink to qualify. Why pink? Well because it's Breast Cancer month. We donate 50% of sales from our HOPE stamp set to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. This is a cause that is dear to my heart and I am guessing it's something that has affected many of you in some way as well.
2. Create a ONE LAYER card. No bulk people. Have fun with your stamps, ok?
3. Use this sketch to create a card:
I am sure there are a bagilllion fun things going on for WCD, so I wanted to make our challenges easy and super fun! You have until midnight on Sunday, Oct. 7th to create one or more cards to qualify for our prizes. Winners will be announced on Monday, Oct. 8th.
- You can enter in one or more categories.
- You can combine challenges
- You can submit as many times as you like
- All skill levels welcome
- All countries welcome
Winner TWO - this designer is chosen randomly and will win a STAMP KIT of their choice
Winner THREE is chosen based on cleverness. Wow us and you will get to work with our November Kismet set and be one of two designers to help promote our newest stamp set.
Winner FOUR is chosen randomly from the comments section of this post...tell us that you created at least one NEW card between now and the deadline and tell us what you are doing with your card. Is there a special someone who will receive it...will it be submitted to a publication maybe? Will it be used towards a design team assignment...or are you saving it for later maybe? A simple "not sure" will work for me too (grin). This person will receive TWO Paper Smooches stamp sets of their choice.
Winner FIVE is chosen randomly between those of you who refer a friend to LIKE our Facebook page or "Join our site". Both links are to the right. Tell us that you referred someone in the comments section. I'd love to see those numbers rise....you can also comment to say that YOU clicked one or both of those pages. This person will win ONE stamp set of their choice.
Sounds like fun?
World Card Making Day is on Saturday, October 6th, but you can get started right away if you like. Call some friends and get some crop time in. Whip out those stamps and get to work :)
Have a fabulous weekend friends