Thursday, January 3, 2013

and then there were three...

I am excited to announce our third and final addition to the team.  I would have loved to add more designers.  But I post designer cards on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and adding 6 more would have overloaded our blog posts each day.  We will still have a guest designer and we will showcase five designer cards each month too...so there will still be a lot of variety of styles shared here.  There will never be a lack of creativity here (grin)

Please welcome Laura Bassen!  Although our paths have never crossed, I am in awe of her design skills.  Do you have that handful of designers who you see in print and just give out a "happy sigh".  Laura is one of those designers to me.  I think her creativity is AH-maZing and I really look forward to seeing what she will do with our product each month.

Laura is sneak peeking a NEW DIE - be sure to visit Laura's blog to check it out!



There is an extra Thursday this month, so I chose to have our DT blog hop on Jan 31st...which gave me an extra day at the beginning of the month to share this...

The first is a challenge and a PRIZE is involved!  We are sponsoring the color challenge over at the CARDS blog.  You could win stamps and dies...so make sure to stop over there to find out the details.


This is the color scheme (it's awesome and so ME!)


Emily and I played along:

Here's mine...I stamped the houndstooth pattern with grey ink.  The flower was created with our new Bold Blooms stamp set...AND the dies are ours too...TWO of them :) Karolyn showcased our Hot Spots dies on Tuesday and the other die shown (the scalloped edge) will be featured on January 22.

I couldn't find paper to match my grey ink, so I pressed the ink pad onto my paper to match!


...and here is Miss Emily's CUTE card:

She used a die too...the cupcake is a die - eeek!  Well, the die is a cupcake, but Emily cleverly used it as ice cream...mint flavored maybe?  This die will also be showcased on January 26th.  (the letters are dies too...wait until you see...)

I'd like to mention is a wonderful card drive called Cards From The Heart.  They are collecting cards for many Hospitals and hope to add more!  Last year's Card Drive was a HUGE success! They collected 3,000 cards and sent them to 13 hospitals, 1 foster home, and 1 special education class! Praying this year is just as good or better! We are sponsoring a prize...I hope you can participate.

Have a wonderful day friends!
smooches!!
Kim

63 comments:

  1. wow! i am overwhelmed by the cuteness of the cards shown here!!!! LOVE that cupcake die!! and welcome to all 3 new DT members!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colour combo!! Love these projects!!
    And i cannot wait to see your new dies! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb cards. Love them both. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK you have me salivating now... letter dies from PS would be a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour challenge...love how you used them on the two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This leaf die is on my "MUST HAVE LIST" ...its Beautiful!! Can't wait for the new release!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, fun color challenge! and those sneaks are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper CUTE!! Your new releases are amazing; I'm predicting a major sell-out once they're available. Hope you've ordered lots! Thanks for the day-brightening, smile-making, "I so want these" showcases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw!!! Awesome cards and just loving the dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More cute cards--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh - I love Laura's style! Such a great choice for a new DT member =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects from both DTs! Love how Laura uses the die the tag and Emily's fun cupcake/ ice-cream cup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Emily and Kim with the color combo! Thanks for sahring the awesome creations Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay so excited to play along with the new challenge, awesome inspiration and off to visit Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura is an amzaing designer! She will definitely do marvelous things with your products! Love the sneaks of the dies...anxious to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY OH MY OH MY! Three for the most amazing creations you've shared! LOVE your card, Kim!! Soooo pretty--perfect use of these colors!

    LOVE Em's card too!!

    ps... I can't wait to see the letter dies! ACK! Must HAVE immediately!! LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited to know that PS if going to have dies . . . they will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! Lots of sneaky peeks today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG OMG OMG!!!! alpha dies too! im so excited. i really hope you will ship these all the australia like your stamps and i think i may have to have them all...... now to negotiate with my hubby for the cash....*runs off to batter eyelids at hubby*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your cards and love that you are sponsoring the contest over at the CARDS blog. Fun stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards using this color combo and I am excited about the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these cards - can't wait to get a good look at the dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm very excited with all the news from you this week! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All these new goodies are beyond amazing Kim...cannot wait to do some more shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I cannot wait for all the new dies! Whoooppee!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE this colour scheme! Both of your cards rock today and I'm psyched to see what Laura does with PS stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So much inspiration ahead! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So fun visiting this blog everyday! I lovethe inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aren't those colors refreshing! Love your creations. Congrats to Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations Laura! I'm looking forward to a chance to win the giveaway! This would come in handy for our Military Program for Children of Soldiers...We live 4 hours away from our nearest base, so we volunteers assist families in making things easier while all of our husbands are serving. I can always use extra supplies for the kids treat bags, decorations and cards for their parties or cards that we make for their deployed parent! Thanks again and CONGRATS to all three newbies! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That leaf die is fabulous!!! Looking forward to seeing all you have in store over the month of January!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both your card and Emily's project is simply fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I can't wait to see the remaining dies. I have a weakness for dies. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my goodness, that's the cutest cupcake in the entire universe. and what a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow these are soooo cute. I can't wait for the release. Thank you Kim for such awesome products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW!! THey are ALL AMAZING!! THAKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  39. HOTDOG! I am super duper excited about the alpha dies. I am sure the font is a PS speciality. I am drooling looking at all this craftiness goodness. Hope I am a lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
  40. So happy that you've added LAURA to your team! And what amazing projects--loving the new dies!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These colors are absolutely stunning! Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So very cute! I wouldn't expect anything less from PS!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love that color palette and those cards are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for the heads up on the color challenge - I submitted a card! I also love the card you created!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both cards are great, but the houndstooth background and bold bloom are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Miss Emily has some talent... but I so love that die and it's twin (sister, brother, cousin, clone???) will find its way into my collection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks so much, Kim and Paper Smooches, for sponsoring! This Card Drive means so much to me and to all the sweet kids on Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great color combo and darling cards. Eager to see what Laura has in store on her blog and also the rest of the DT throughout January.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow ...these cards are Awesome ! TFS .

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great cards, love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.