Thursday, October 3, 2013

PS DT Blog Hop(e)

*Our November guest designer search begins next Thursday, Oct 10.  We bumped it down a week since there are 5 Thursday's this month*

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  We would like to take this time to tell the women in our lives how very special they are to us.  Please make sure to have a thorough check up every year because we love you dearly.

We would like you to all please visit our design team blogs and say hello. We all created a special card using our PS Hope stamps and Hope dies to show our support.

Emily Leiphart


Feel free to visit the National Breast Cancer Society to see how you can make a difference.


I pulled out my Calico and Bold Blooms stamp sets to stamps assorted flowers on my distressed paper.  I die cut the word "hope" and added the cut over the base...but I placed it off to the left just a touch.  I then added stamps from our Hope stamp set to strengthen the theme of my card.


Unfortunately, I do have someone to send this card to.  I honestly wish I didn't.  A girl who I graduated high school with was diagnosed about a month ago.  
She is 42, like me...and like my Mom, who lost her battle with breast cancer 
at the same exact age (nearly 24 years ago).  
It certainly puts life into perspective (at least for me)

Hold your loved ones EXTRA-tight.

Cancer death rates are down 20% in past 20 years.
Thank you for making us a part of your day ;)
Loves,  Kim

24 comments:

  1. This stamp set is full of heart. Thank you for creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card; you're sure to lift the spirits of your friend (so sorry to hear of her situation!). Thoughtful and heartwarming!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love the stamping, it looks like a sheet of fancy patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card, Kim! I LOOOOOOOOVE the distressed paper and all of your layered stamping! You always amaze me! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend- I'll be praying for her <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely postcard! I'm lucky because my mother overcame a cancer four years ago. We must have hope. I send you lots of Light.
    Mucha Luz!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful card. your friend will love it and i hope her recovery is speedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card. thanks for having the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'll be thinking of your friend :) I'm working on projects for SCS Hope you can Cling to right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and the sentiment... my Mum and sister are both survivors so it is important to hope and as you say hold your loved ones close! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an awesome creation... for a good cause... tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely card, Kim... maybe some day we won't need to make so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Kim. It strikes close to home because I lost my aunt (also a very good friend) to breast cancer 4 months ago. She was only 55.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure your friend is going to LOVE your card, Kim!
    I'm really loving this new set of stamps and dies...the DT did a great job with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card just finished a refresher course at our local palliative unit and so many sad sad stories

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your mom and friend...prayers coming your way. I am sure your pretty card will bring some sunshine to her day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful hop today, as is your card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! And your ladies never disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mother-in-law has been fighting breast cancer for 15 years!! she just finished her third round of chemo and I sure hope it'll be the last time she has to endure it!! THANKS for sharing I LOVE the card and I'm sending HUGS to you and anyone one else who has been affect by this disease in any way!! have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your friend Kim. Sending prayers to her and her family. Your card is stunning and will surely lift her spirits! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card...sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card! Your Hope set is the first stamp set I went out and bought after my Mom told me about her cancer diagnosis. I'm pleased to say she beat her cancer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.