Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1.22

I have a special treat for you today...we are sponsoring the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge blog.  If you play along, you will have a chance to win a $50. gift certificate to the Simon Says shop!  Wahoooo!

The theme...silly cards..."Let's have a laugh"!

...and here is mine...

Admittedly, I think I have a pretty goofy sense of humor.  Sometimes I am witty...most times I am nerdy and on rare occasions, I can really nail a joke!  I really do enjoy making people laugh...it just makes me happy :) I am sure that translates through my art as well.

I used a bunch of different stamp sets and dies to create this quirky scene.  I cropped with friends yesterday ans we all agreed that the bunny should be colored PINK!  Well, my pink bunny turned out mauve, weird!  I used different sized pop dots to add dimension to the sentiment bubbles.
(A Little Lovin', Nine Lives, Calorie Free, Slang Gang, Qwik Qwips, Clouds dies, Word Bubble dies)


Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Erin created this sweet greeting card with a daring color combo, but she totally pulled it off!!  It's comforting and bold all at the same time - I am diggin' it!!
(Botanicals 2, Kissables 1)


Teri mixed some really interesting papers which makes this card so much fun to "take in".  Loving the distressed images and papers along with the clean crisp/solid card stock.  The twine really "ties" her card together, literally :)
(Botanicals 1, Kissables 2, Captured Moments)


cute Sarah is back with us this week.  Check out this darling creation!  She stamped on the "Hello" word with two different inks...it almost looks like it's 3D!  Her ink splotches look likes holograms...how did she do that?!??  This is a freaking COOL card, nuff said ;)
(Hello Word dies (due back in stock today), Just a Note, Scripty Sayings, Kissables 2)

The screwdriver was invented before the screw.
Have a great day beauties!
Kim

15 comments:

  1. Kim, thank you SO MUCH for sponsoring us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Your card is SO cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, Kim! THANK YOU so very much for sponsoring us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, thanks so much for sponsoring the Simon Says challenge team this week! Your card is sooo cute! My son slapped his forehead and pretended to fall over after seeing it. LOL! Beautiful cards by Erin, Teri and Sarah, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kim, for being our sponsor this week - I LOVED working with my stamps! Love yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Kim :-) all of them are gorgeous :-)

    Thanks so much for sponsoring the DT with fabulous products, we all really appreciate it :-)

    Would you mind if I copied your very funny card and posted it on the challenge blog ?

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards...the first makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! LOVING your sweet card Kim such a FUN Design and take on the challenge!! I also LOVE the other cards shared by the DT!! Making me SMILE!! ;) thanks again and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I love your funny card...the mauve bunny couldn't be cuter. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great card Kim. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim! I just love the combination of Paper Smooches stamps you used to create this great card! Pretty coloring too :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim! I just love the combination of Paper Smooches stamps you used to create this great card! Pretty coloring too :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing all the pretty cards today! Yours is too fun Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Kim for sponsoring us this week!! We loved working with your amazingly cute stamps!!

    Your card is adorable!! Love it!! :)

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHHHHHHHHH extra creations shared today:) LOOOOOOVE it! LOVE your card, Kim! SO adorable! FAB coloring too!

    Erin and Teri also knocked my socks off-- LOVE their style! FAB x100000 cards!

    Sarah's card is really cool! LOVE the splatters and how she created that die cut word/design! FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.