Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Swan Song Post


I am here today among hundreds of amazing women celebrating a magazine that we have incredible love and respect for...Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine.  If you haven't heard the news, they have decided to cease publication.  This news came as a shock to me.  I consider all of the incredible people behind it to be my friends, so I was sad to hear that they now have to move onto other things.

I'd like to say THANK YOU...you have touched my life.

Paper Crafts magazine was my first love in the scrapbooking industry.  My second - Creating Keepsakes magazine.

I submitted my first card to PC in Sept. 2004, and to my utter surprise, they accepted it.  I became obsessed with submitting my work to PC and CK.  Both magazines inspired me like nothing ever has (it's what opened my eyes).  I became a better designer and I will be forever grateful to them for welcoming me into their world.

Working for PC became a goal of mine and one that I never thought could happen.  The day I got the phone call to be one of the six Go-to Gals was one of the most wonderful phone calls I have ever received.  I was humbled and honored to be a small part of something so wonderful.  I truly appreciate the opportunity.

I was invited into the editors homes.  I attend editorial board meetings and trade shows and taught at CKC's.  I was soooo fortunate and very lucky.  I will hold those treasured times close to my heart (always) I still have every issue I was published in. 

PC and CK - I love you...always have...always will.  I wish you all the very best.  You are an exceptional group of people and the industry won't be the same without you.  Soooo, I hope to see you all around. (smooches)

This is a card I created to tell you all that you are simply the best.
I used new alphabet stamps that will be released in January 2015.





You should have arrived here from Alice Wertz blog
Your next step on the hop is one of my dearest friends Becky Olsen

xoxo Kim

16 comments:

  1. Such an awesome post Kim!
    Love your card and the pictures you shared...LOL..check out cath in the last photo...so fun♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab post, Kim! LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics--- and I LOVE your card! OHHH! A sneak of January's stamps--- FUN x1000000! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your cards and your products. It was CK that introduced me to your stamps--the first photopolymer stamp I ever purchased was the Spiffy Scooters set and now I have at least half of your line. :-) It is sad to see this magazine close, but I hope to see the talented team in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you darling!
    Thank you for all of the amazing memories, you made my life more interesting in so many ways!
    <3
    B-

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a heartfelt post! And such a happy, well wishing card!! Love those letters in the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many wonderful faces!!! Your card is great, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and awesome post! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many bright and cheerful faces of ladies who've made such a difference in this wonderful crafty community! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet Kim! Just reading your words makes me smile all over as I remember meeting you. Wish I could find that first photo, but surely will spot it at another time. Because of PC, I became one of your fans! I'm tickled and proud to have watched your success continue to blossom & grow. Your classic Kim card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures on your post! So many very talented ladies in there. Thanks for sharing all your memories and pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! You say it so well! And your card is spunky to brighten the day! :) thanks for sharing-I enjoyed reading ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.