Saturday, April 22, 2017

Cross Stitch Die feature

I thought I'd share some ideas using our Cross Stitch Die.



Stamp onto the die cut piece


Use a pencil to make dots in the cut holes and stitch
The blue brush in the photo is the tool I use to remove the dots from the paper with ease


I chose to stitch the pumpkin in a diagonal, instead of all cross stitches,
(Ghoulfriends and Cute Fruit stamp set)


 I stamped the pear from our Cute Fruit stamp set and used it as a guide for my stitched image.


I used a pencil to draw my design before stitching.



(Fancy Frames)


I used the stamped image as my accent.  The polka dots ass a fun texture!
(Pinked Circle Dies, Thanks so much Die, Ghoulfriends)


I used the Cross Stitch die to create a cool background for my sentiment.  Use a paper piercer or needle to poke out individual dots.
(Foliage 1 Dies, Pineapple Crush 2)


I used a flower die to cut the Cross Stitch paper that I cut.  They make cute accents!
I cut "so much" and placed colored card stock behind the paper strip.
(Bold Bloom Dies, Foliage 1 Dies, Thanks so much Die)


Savannah used the Cross Stitch die as a grid to create this super awesome vase!
(Potted Plant, Dainty Flowers, Adorable Array, Pinked Circles, Tiny Hearts)


...and the X's that are included in the set can be used all by themselves as a bold accent
(Hello Word Dies)


I hope you enjoyed this special feature.  I have heard lots of wonderful buzz about this die.  I hope you give it a try,

AND, when you purchase this die from the Paper Smooches store, I send you a pdf of the grid so that you can plan out your designs.  It's fun...seriously 

xx Kim

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. I am off to buy die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH KIM! Your ideas are exactly what I was thinking too! Great minds think alike! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEK. LOVE this die so much. It will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING this die sooooo much! The possibilities are endless, and I can take it with me and stitch when markers would not be available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh my hands are tickling to get this die cut, I love embroidery by all means, it comes before paper crafting. As I add a lot of sewing on my cards, this is a must on my wishlist now!
    Great examples to showcase, I am totally convinced to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUEAL!! LOVING LOVING LOVING ALL of your Examples!! I have tried several of these techniques and LOVE them ALL!! Can't WAIT to share what I made using this Die on the Blog Wednesday!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative to even come up with this fantastic idea!! Loved to embroidery years ago and this is amazing what your DT came up with!! So innovative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW!!!! Stunning creations and amazing die. LOVE!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated, thank you.